Emerald School of Excellence
2019 BRICK CAMPAIGN:
Honor a loved one, remember a loved one, and a brick will forever be placed at Emerald School of Excellence- educating and supporting youth with substance use disorders. Click on the Brick Campaign tab to purchase yours today!
What is a Recovery High School?
The Emerald School of Excellence has a focus to educate students through faith, fitness, and the great outdoors. We will be community service driven and provide peer to peer support on a daily basis. We value after school and weekend family activities in order to build a culture centered around honesty and trust.
- Faith- We are non sectarian and want the students to cultivate a higher power of their own understanding
- Fitness- We will offer a wide variety of movement based outlets to relieve and reduce stress, positively alter brain chemistry, and improve outlook.
- Great Outdoors- We will provide daily outside time, and regular outdoor field trips, which will assist with creative decision making, improve overall well-being, boost their immune system, and provide ways to connect with nature for optimal overall health and wellness.
Although each school operates differently depending on available community resources and state standards, each recovery high school shares the following goals:
- To educate all available and eligible students who are in recovery from substance use disorder or co-occurring disorders such as anxiety, depression, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- To meet state requirements for awarding a secondary school diploma
- To support students in working a strong program of recovery
The staff of recovery high schools most often includes administrative staff, teachers, substance abuse counselors, and mental health professionals that each play a critical role in supporting their students.
- Additionally, recovery schools provide support for families learning to how to live with, and provide support for, their teens entering into the recovery lifestyle.
-Association of Recovery Schools